Welcome to the Vintage Library!
We are a specialty, online bookstore featuring the fantastic worlds of Pulp Fiction, Old Time Radio and Cliffhanger Serials. We have over a thousand different, brand new books, magazines, fanzines, audio cds and dvds for you to choose from. We also carry a limited selection of used and rare books, original pulp fiction magazines and other collectors items.
Online since May 10, 1996, we realize that this is a hobby for you and we want to make ordering as easy and hassle free as possible. If you are unhappy with what you receive, we'll make it right!
For October 2016
- The Shadow #109: The Blur and Blue Face
- The Shadow #110: The House on the Ledge and League of Death
- Black Bat #5: Markets of Treason and The Black Bat's Triumph
- The Spider #10: Cholera King and The Spider and the Deathless One
For July/August 2016
- The Shadow #107: The Killer and The Museum Murders
- The Shadow #108: Vengeance Bay and Death Has Grey Eyes
- Doc Savage #82: The Magic Forrest and The Boss of Terror (Bama Cover)
- Black Bat #4: Black Bat's Crusade and Black Bat's Flame Trail
- The Spider #9: The Mad Horde and Slaves of the Laughing Death
- Complete Cases of Captain Satan: Volume 1 of 2
- Complete Cases of Captain Satan: Volume 2 of 2
- Complete Casebook of Cardigan Volume 3 1934-1935
- Replica: Weird Tales October 1936: C.L. Moore, Robert Block, and Robert E. Howard
- Complete Adventures of Thibaut Corday and the Foreign Legion: Vol 1: Better Than Bullets
- Complete Adventures of Thibaut Corday and the Foreign Legion: Vol 2: Toughest in the Legion
- Complete Adventures of Thibaut Corday and the Foreign Legion: Vol 3: The Kid and the Cutthroats
- Complete Adventures of Thibaut Corday and the Foreign Legion: Vol 4: The Heads of Sergeant Baptiste
For June 2016
- Pulp History: The Revised Complete Chronology of Bronze by Rick Lai
- Pulp History: Writings in Bronze by Will Murray
- Pulp History: Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life by Philip Jose Farmer
- Pulp Replica: Terror Tales Nov-Dec 1938
- Pulp Replica: Terror Tales Jan-Feb 1939
- Pulp Replica: Terror Tales Mar-Apr 1939
For May 2016
- The Shadow #105: Doom on the Hill and Clue for Clue
- The Shadow #106: Room of Doom and The Chest of Chu Chan
- The Black Bat #3: Captains of Death and The Black Bat's Spy Trail
- The Complete Cases of Keyhole Kerry Volume 1
- The Complete Cases of Inspector Allhoff Volume 1
- The Complete Cases of Mr. Maddox Volume 1
- The Complete Cases of the Rambler Volume 1
- The Spider #8: The Spider and the Faceless One plus Empire of Doom
- The Black Bat #2: The Back Bat Strikes Again and Black Bat's Challenge
More at our What's New Page!
Welcome to the Fantastical World
of Pulp Fiction!
Pulp Fiction Magazines ruled the newstands from the 1920s through World War II. Eye catching covers fronted the action packed stories of adventure of all types. The Pulp Fiction era launched new genres of story telling such as Science Fiction, Sword and Sorcery, and the Hardboiled Detective. It was also the birthplace to icons including Tarzan, Zorro and the Shadow.
And, it's a Whos Who list of authors including Dashiell Hammett, Raymond Chandler, Robert Heinlein, Robert E. Howard, HP Lovecraft and many, many more. Relive the fantastical world of Pulp Fiction through hundreds and hundreds of magazine replicas, hardback collections, fanzines and paperback novels here.
The Spider Pulp Fiction Reprints
The Spider strikes terror into the hearts of the most hardened criminals. He is proficient and unswerving, and deals swift justice, to those who prey upon the innocent. The Spider's trademark, stamped on the foreheads of those upon whom he has passed judgment, is a sinister warning to all denizens of the Underworld of his wraith--a hideous, blood red spider! Guns blazing, The Spider blasted through evil for over 10 years and 113 novel. Norvell Page's action packed writing propelled
Doc Savage Pulp Fiction Reprints
A daring experiment transmuted Clark Savage into the Herculean Man of Bronze. Welding five courageous soldiers of fortune into a Band of Iron, this invincible superman travels the world battling threats to humanity. Not since the days of King Arthur and Robin Hood has mankind known greater crusaders for justice.
Sanctum Books brings us a new authorized series of pulp reprints featuring The Shadow. Each issue will contain two unabridged pulp adventures, re-typeset for easy reading including the original cover art and interior illustrations. Also included are introductory essays by Anthony Tollin and Will Murray. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow Knows!"
Weird Tales Pulp Fiction Reprints
The "Unique Magazine" provided an opportunity for a new generation of writers to develop their craft in the area of supernatural occult stories and what they termed "highly imaginative" stories. From this bold editorial viewpoint, sparked the literary careers of authors who are now regarded as the founding fathers of modern day horror and fantasy fiction.
Old Time Radio
Enjoy Hours of Classic Family Fun with these Greatest Old-Time Radio Broadcasts on Re-mastered Audio Compact Discs. Experience first hand the suspense, the mystery and the laughs that radio listeners enjoyed 70 years ago. Old Time Radio is early 20th Century Pop Culture with the likes Orson Welles "War of the Worlds" panic broadcast, the antics of Abbott and Costello, Jack Benny, Fibber McGee, Lights Out, Suspense and hundreds of other radio programs that were household names of that era.
Pulse Pounding... Thrills, Spills and Chills... Thrilling, Thundering and Throbbing... Breathless, Breakneck Adventure!
These were the terms and tag lines used to announce the weekly serial episode to an anxious crowd of fans each Saturday afternoon. These 20 minute chapter plays, lasting 12 to 15 episodes, were intended to warm up the audience for the big budget, feature movie but have long outlived many of the features in terms of popularity.